Hamad Bin Khalifa University
College of Science and Engineering
Division of Information and Computing Technology
A161-B, LAS Building, Education City
P.O. Box: 34110
Doha – Qatar
Tel. Office: +974 445 40458
- Security and privacy of cyber-physical systems
- Jamming mitigation.
- Drone detection, identification, and response.
- Wireless communications security.
- Physical layer security.
International Peer-Reviewed Conferences
- Roberto Di Pietro, Gabriele Oligeri, Pietro Tedeschi. JAM-ME: Exploiting Jamming to Accomplish Drone Mission. To appear in IEEE International Workshop on Cyber-Physical System Security (CPS-Sec’19) – held in conjunction with CNS2019, 10-12 June 2019, Washington D.C., USA.
- Gabriele Oligeri, Savio Sciancalepore, Omar Adel Ibrahim. Drive Me Not: GPS Spoofing Detection via Cellular Network. In Proceedings of the 12th ACM Conference on Security & Privacy in Wireless and Mobile Networks (WiSec2019), Miami, USA, 15-17 May 2019.
- Omar Adel Ibrahim, Ahmed Mohamed Hussain, Gabriele Oligeri, Roberto Di Pietro. Key Is In The Air: Hacking Remote Keyless Entry Systems. In Proceedings of the International Workshop on Cyber Security for Intelligent Transportation Systems (CSITS2018), held in conjunction with ESORICS2018, 3-7 September 2018, Barcellona, Spain.
- Savio Sciancalepore, Gabriele Oligeri, Roberto Di Pietro. Shooting to the Stars: Secure Location Verification via Meteor Burst Communications. In Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Communications and Network Security (CNS2018), May 30th – June 1st, 2018, Beijing, China.
- Roberto Di Pietro, Gabriele Oligeri, Xavier Salleras, Matteo Signorini. N-Guard: a Solution to Secure Access to NFC tags. In Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Communications and Network Security (CNS2018), May 30th – June 1st, 2018, Beijing, China.
- Roberto Di Pietro, Gabriele Oligeri. Freedom of Speech: Thwarting Jammers via a Probabilistic Approach. In Proceedings of the 8th ACM Conference on Security and Privacy in Wireless and Mobile Networks (WISEC2015), Article No. 4, June 22nd-26th, 2015, New York.
- Paolo Barsocchi, Stefano Chessa, Ivan Martinovich, and Gabriele Oligeri. Ambisec: Securing smart spaces using entropy harvesting. In Proceedings of the First International Joint Conference on Ambient Intelligence (AmI2010), November 10th-12th, Malaga, Spain.
- Roberto di Pietro, Gabriele Oligeri, Claudio Soriente, and Gene Tsudik. Securing mobile unattended WSNs against a mobile adversary. In Proceedings of the 29th IEEE International Symposium on Reliable Distributed Systems (SRDS2010), pp. 11-20, New Delhi, India, November 9th, 2010.
- Roberto di Pietro, Gabriele Oligeri, Claudio Soriente, and Gene Tsudik. Intrusion resilience in mobile unattended sensor networks. In Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM 2010, pp. 1-9, San Diego (CA), March 15-19, 2010.
- Gabriele Oligeri, Stefano Chessa, Paolo Barsocchi, Gaetano Giunta, Prashant Pilai, and Pauline Chan. Real-time loss tolerant video streaming authentication for satellite links. In Proceedings of International Workshop on Satellite and Space Communication, 2009 (IWSSC09), September 9st-11rd, 2009, Siena, Italy.
- Paolo Barsocchi and Gabriele Oligeri. A novel approach for multicast video streaming in hybrid networks. In Proceedings of International Workshop on Satellite and Space Communication 2008 (IWSSC08), Toulouse, 1st-3rd October 2008.
- Stefano Chessa, Roberto Di Pietro, Erina Ferro, Gaetano Giunta, and Gabriele Oligeri. Mobile application security for video streaming authentication and data integrity combining digital signature and watermarking techniques. Proceedings of IEEE 65th Vehicular Technology Conference VTC2007-Spring, Dublin, Ireland, April 2007.
- Stefano Chessa, Gaetano Giunta, and Gabriele Oligeri. Embedding source signature in multicast wireless video streams. Proceedings of IEEE 8th Symposium on a World of Wireless Mobile and Multimedia Networks, Helsinki, Finland, June 2007.
- Paolo Barsocchi, Gabriele Oligeri, and Francesco Potortí. Frame error model in rural wi-fi networks. Proceedings of the WiNMee/WiTMeMo 2007, Limassol, Cyprus, April 2007.
- Paolo Barsocchi, Gabriele Oligeri, and Francesco Potorti’. Packet Loss in TCP Hybrid Wireless Networks. In Proceedings of the Advanced Satellite Mobile Systems Conference 2006 (ASMS06), Herrsching (DE), May 2006.
International Peer-Reviewed Journals
- Savio Sciancalepore, Gabriele Oligeri, Giuseppe Piro, Gennnaro Boggia, Roberto Di Pietro. EXCHANge: Securing IoT via Channel Anonymity. Elsevier Computer Communications, Volume 134, pp. 14-29, 15/01/2019.
- Savio Sciancalepore, Gabriele Oligeri, Roberto Di Pietro. Strength of Crowd (SOC) – Defeating a Reactive Jammer in IoT with Decoy Messages. Sensors. Volume 18, Number 10, 2018.
- Roberto Di Pietro, Gabriele Oligeri. GopJam: Key-less Jamming Mitigation via Gossiping. Elsevier Journal of Network and Computer Applications, Volume 123, December 1st 2018, pp. 57-68.
- Mashael Al-Sabah, Gabriele Oligeri, Ryan Riley. Your Culture is in Your Password: An Analysis of a Demographically-diverse Password Dataset. Elsevier Computers & Security, Volume 77, August 2018, Pages 427-441.
- Roberto Di Pietro, Gabriele Oligeri. Enabling Broadcast Communications in presence of Jamming via Probabilistic Pairing. Elsevier Computer Networks, Volume 116, 7 April 2017, Pages 33-46.
- Roberto Di Pietro, Gabriele Oligeri. ESC: An Efficient, Scalable, and Crypto-less Solution to Secure Wireless Networks. Elsevier Computer Networks, Volume 84, Issue C, June 2015, pp. 46-63.
- Roberto Di Pietro, Gabriele Oligeri. Silence is Golden: exploiting jamming and radio silence to
communicate. ACM Transactions on Information and System Security, Volume 17, Issue 3, March 2015, pp. 1-24.
- Kemal Bicakci, Bruno Crispo, Gabriele Oligeri. LAKE: A Server-Side Authenticated Key-Establishment with Low Computational Workload. ACM Transactions on Internet Technology, Volume 13, Issue 2, Article No. 5, December 2013.
- Roberto Di Pietro, Gabriele Oligeri. Jamming Mitigation in Cognitive Radio Networks. IEEE Network Magazine, Special Issue on Security in Cognitive Radio Networks, Vol.27, No. 3, May 2013, pp.10-15.
- Roberto di Pietro, Gabriele Oligeri. Crypto-less over-the-air Key Establishment. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics & Security, Vol. 8, Issue 1, pp.163-173, 2013.
- Nedo Celandroni, Erina Ferro, Alberto Gotta, Gabriele Oligeri, Cesare Rosetti, Michele Luglio, Igor Bisio, Marco Cello, Franco Davoli, Athanasios Panagopoulos, Marios Polakis, Stavroula Vassaki, Tomaso De Cola, Maria Antonietta Marchitti, Fun Hu, Suraj Verma, Kai Xu, Acar Guraj. A Survey of Architectures and Scenarios in Satellite-based Wireless Sensor Networks: System Design Aspects. International Journal of Satellite Communications and Networking, Vol. 31, Issue 1, pp. 1–38, Jan. 2013.
- Paolo Barsocchi, Gabriele Oligeri and Claudio Soriente. SHAKE: Single HAsh Key Establishment for Resource Constrained Devices. AdHoc Networks, Volume 11, Issue 1, pp. 288-297, January 2013.
- Roberto di Pietro, Gabriele Oligeri, Claudio Soriente, and Gene Tsudik. United We Stand: Intrusion-Resilience in Mobile Unattended WSNs. IEEE Transaction on Mobile Computing, Volume 12, Issue 7, pp. 1456-1458, 5 June 2012.
- Paolo Barsocchi, Stefano Chessa, Ivan Martinovich, Gabriele Oligeri. A Cyber-Physical Approach to Secret Key Generation in Smart Environments. Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing, Vol. 4, Issue 1, pp.1-16, February 2013.
- Gabriele Oligeri, Stefano Chessa, and Gaetano Giunta. Loss Tolerant Video Streaming Authentication in Heterogeneous Wireless Networks. Computer Communications, Vol. 34, Issue 11, pp.1307-1315, 14 July 2011.
- Gabriele Oligeri, Stefano Chessa, Roberto Di Pietro, and Gaetano Giunta. Robust and efficient authentication of video stream broadcasting. ACM Transactions on Information and System Security, Vol. 14, No.1, pp.1-25, May 2011.
- Paolo Barsocchi, Gabriele Oligeri. QoE in Multicast Hybrid Networks: Avoiding Bandwidth Wasting with a Double Stage FEC Scheme. IET Communications, Volume 4, Number 13, pp.1573-1579, September 3, 2010.
- Pecorella Tommaso, Ronga Luca, Barsocchi Paolo, Chessa Stefano, Ferro Erina, Gotta Alberto, Oligeri Gabriele, Potorti’ Francesco, Secchi Raffaello, De Cola Tommaso, Sathiaseelan A., Vazquez Castro Maria A., Caini Carlo, and Firrincielli Rosario. Communications and networking over satellites: Satnex experimental activities and testbeds. International Journal Of Satellite Communications And Networking, Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 1-33, January-February 2009.
- Barsocchi Paolo, Oligeri Gabriele, and Potorti’ Francesco. Measurement-based frame error model for simulating outdoor wi-fi networks. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, Volume 8, Issue 3, March 2009.