Type of Position:
Postdoctoral researcher in Cybersecurity
12 months (1 year)—funding for renewal already secured
The Cybersecurity Research Group at the Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU) in Doha (Qatar) invites applications
for a postdoctoral researcher position in Cybersecurity in the College of Science and Engineering.
The postdoctoral researcher will conduct high-quality research activities within the Cybersecurity Research Group,
led by Prof. Roberto Di Pietro, to research on topics including but not limited to:
– UAV/Drone Security;
– Security in Distributed Systems such as IoT, blockchain technology, Cloud Systems;
– Mobile Security;
– Wireless security (Jamming and Anti-Jamming Techniques, Physical Layer Security);
– Security and Privacy Issues in Online Social Networks (OSN);
– Forensics Analysis;
– Cybersecurity for critical infrastructure.
Responsibilities include conducting research, publishing in top-notch conferences and journals, preparation and submission
of related grant proposals, and mentoring of undergraduate and/or graduate students. The position is ideally suited for,
but not limited to, recent Ph.D. graduates who plan to pursue future research careers.
– A Ph.D. (at latest by March/April 2019) or equivalent degree in Computer Science or closely related field.
– Strong publication record in top academic conferences and/or journals.
– A solid background in cybersecurity research.
HBKU offers a highly competitive compensation package that includes an attractive tax free salary, housing allowance,
health insurance with worldwide coverage, and further generous benefits.
Employment Type: Full Time
The location of the position is Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU), Education City, Doha, Qatar. The initial term of the position
is for 1 year, with already secured funding for renewal, based on mutual interest.
Candidates should send via e-mail to Prof. Roberto Di Pietro (rdipietro (at) hbku.edu.qa)
(quoting ‘Application for cybersecurity Post-doc position’ in the subject)
the following information (as .pdf attachments):
– CV, including lists of publications, summaries of educational and work experience and grades.
– Short research statement (maximum 2 pages).
– Names and email addresses of at least 3 references.
– A soft copy of three publications considered by the candidate as being representative of his/her research work.